Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
Assignment Description: For this assignment, create a PowerPoint presentation ba
Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
For this assignment, create a PowerPoint presentation based on any three of the following four case studies.
Read the case study You be the Judge presented at the end of Chapter 18 which begins, “The older adult male patient was admitted…” (Guido, p. 363) and answer the following questions:
• Was the nurse negligent for not questioning the use of morphine for a patient with blunt abdominal pain before administering the dose of morphine?
• Would knowing that the patient’s blood pressure was 148/94 when the morphine was administered impact the finding of the trial court?
• What evidence would you argue in the nurse’s defense regarding the care of this patient?
• How would you decide this case?
Read the case study You be the Judge presented at the end of Chapter 19 that begins, “An 82-year-old patient…” (Guido, p. 394) and answer the following questions:
• What initial care should the patient have received in the emergency center?
• Did the emergency department staff meet the standards of care for a patient with these presenting signs and symptoms?
• Was the admission to the intensive care area a violation of the EMTALA law?
• How would you decide this case and what provisions of the EMTALA law would you anticipate the court enumerated in its holding?
Read the case study You be the Judge presented at the end of Chapter 20 (Guido, p. 415) beginning with, “The patient was a detainee,…” and answer the following questions:
• Should the nurses have followed the physician’s orders and continued the ordered medications, which varied significantly from his pre-jail medications, specifically his medications for pain?
• Was it deliberate indifference to the patient’s medical needs to change his pain medications in the belief that he needed to withdraw from narcotics?
• What more could the nurse have done to prevent a lawsuit from being filed for an Eighth Amendment violation?
• How would you expect the court decided this case?
The following specifications are required for this assignment:
Length: 20 slides minimum; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Objective: 1 slide
Chapter 18 case study: at least 4 slides
Chapter 19 case study: at least 4 slides
Chapter 20 case study: at least 4 slides
Conclusion: 1 slide
References: 1 slide
Additionally, because a good presentation has few words on the slides include a script with the verbiage you would say when presenting; script should be a minimum of 50 words per slide.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims, one for each case study in addition to any texts.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE REFERENCES IN THE POWERPOINT MUST BE APA 7TH EDITION*
MUST HAVE NOTES AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH SLIDE
Only pay once! Clear pricing system with no hidden fees, direct line to your writer, 24/7 customer support.
Our reputation is built on delivering top-quality papers. No matter how small the task, we give customers our best.
Missed due dates can result in a serious loss of marks. We strive to finish everything with time to spare.