Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
True or false: at the time of her death, shalon irving was living in atlanta, georgia, where she had spent her childhood.
Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
Discussion of two news articles about high maternal mortality in the United States
Before class, please read or listen to the corresponding news reports (posted on Moodle). These reports were part of a National Public Radio (NPR) series called “Lost Mothers: Maternal Mortality in the U.S.” As you are reading, write down concise answers to the questions based on the paper. (Brief notes are fine.)
To check that everyone has read the papers in preparation for discussion, submission of your answers to these questions is required before class. Please submit your answers in a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file on Moodle.
The 2017 National Public Radio report “Focus On Infants During Childbirth Leaves U.S. Moms In Danger”
by Nina Martin (ProPublica) and Renee Montagne (NPR), http://www.npr.org/2017/05/12/527806002/focus-on-infants-during-childbirth-leaves-u-s-moms-in-danger , 7:02 min, May 12, 2017, 5:00 AM ET, Heard on Morning Edition
1. What was Lauren Bloomstein’s profession?
2. List two of the reasons given by the report for the relatively high rates of maternal mortality in the U.S.
3. How many maternal deaths per 100,000 live births were reported in the U.S. in 2015? How many were reported in Canada in 2015? (Hint: See the graph.)
4. What does Larry Bloomstein consider to be “perhaps the most important lesson he’d learned” during his training?
5. True or False: The CDC Foundation identified “poor coordination of care” as one of over 20 key factors leading to maternal deaths.
6. Based on information from the Institute of Medicine, how long is required “for a new medical protocol to be widely adopted”?
7. List two obstacles to the widespread use of the preeclampsia toolkit.
The 2017 National Public Radio report “Black Mothers Keep Dying After Giving Birth. Shalon Irving’s Story Explains Why”
by Nina Martin (ProPublica) and Renee Montagne (NPR), http:// https://www.npr.org/2017/12/07/568948782/black-mothers-keep-dying-after-giving-birth-shalon-irvings-story-explains-why , 12:10 min, December 7, 20177:51 PM ET, Heard on All Things Considered
8. What was Shalon Irving’s profession?
9. In one to two sentences, please summarize the information in the graph “Black women face significantly higher maternal mortality risk”.
10. True or False: College-educated Black women have approximately the same maternal mortality rate as college-educated White women.
11. List two at least two of the systemic problems contributing to the high mortality of Black mothers.
12. In this article, Arline Geronimus explains the concept of “weathering”. What is weathering?
13. True or False: At the time of her death, Shalon Irving was living in Atlanta, Georgia, where she had spent her childhood.
14. When Shalon Irving told her healthcare providers that something “just doesn’t feel right”, what was the response?
Only pay once! Clear pricing system with no hidden fees, direct line to your writer, 24/7 customer support.
Our reputation is built on delivering top-quality papers. No matter how small the task, we give customers our best.
Missed due dates can result in a serious loss of marks. We strive to finish everything with time to spare.