Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
List at least two things you could do in order to engage in the political process in pursuit of your position in (3) above.
Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
PLEASE READ EVERY THING
In the landmark case, Shelby County V. Holder (2013) , the US Supreme Court struck down major provisions of the 1965 Voting Rights Act relating to the procedure of “pre-clearance. “ Since the ruling, states like Texas, Georgia and North Carolina, can now make changes to their voting laws, such as photo ID requirements, that do not need to be pre-approved by the federal government. Supporters of this ruling say the pre-clearance rules are no longer needed and besides, states need new laws to protect against voter fraud. Opponents say that these laws are just a new form of voter suppression tactics that hit the poor and racial minorities hardest.
Based on this, your paper must meet the following strict content, format and submission requirements:
1. Describe the provisions (parts) of the Voting Rights Act that discuss the issue of “pre-clearance”.
2. Compare and contrast the views of those who think the federal government should have the power of “pre-clearance” and those who do not. Include at least three points of comparison.
3. Using evidence from any election in 2014 or later, argue whether or not you believe the federal government should have the power of “pre-clearance” relating to election laws. Include at least three reasons and/or examples to make your point.
4. List at least two things you could do in order to engage in the political process in pursuit of your position in (3) above.
5. Cite at least three (3) reliable, quality references within the body of the paper using the Chicago Manual of Style’s parenthetical citation style. One of the citations MUST come from the class textbook (I will do this part so just make sure thier is 3 cittations). You must have at least three parenthetical source citations in the body of the paper that exactly match the sources properly formatted in the Works Cited Page at the end of the paper.
1. Typed, 2-3 pages (not counting Works Cited Page), 12-point font, double-spaced (-20 if the paper is less than 2 full pages).
2. Your name, my name, POSC 2306, and the date.
3. A title is required, but a separate title page is not necessary.
4. An introduction with a thesis/statement of purpose in the first paragraph: “This paper will…” (-10 if this is not done)
5. A logically organized and sequenced body followed by a clearly stated conclusion.
6. Use of the Chicago Manual of Style’s parenthetical citation format. Students must be very careful and pay attention to details when they examine and cite internet sources.
7. Use of footnotes or endnotes is prohibited (-10 if this is done).
8. Using encyclopedias, like Wikipedia, Ballotpedia, history.com, kids.law.com, etc. is prohibited (-10 points).
IT is very important that you read
Only pay once! Clear pricing system with no hidden fees, direct line to your writer, 24/7 customer support.
Our reputation is built on delivering top-quality papers. No matter how small the task, we give customers our best.
Missed due dates can result in a serious loss of marks. We strive to finish everything with time to spare.